Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July 27th

Mom just gave the food to the young eyas. It is in the crook of the tree manteling over it's meal while mom calls out. This photo was taken on July the 22nd.



I arrived at 12 noon today. No birds in sight. Or heard. It has been 5 days since I was able to get back. And they were ready to leave on that date. July 22nd. So in the 5 days a lot has happened. I was unable to reach the neighbours for an update. But success was in the air from what I had observed 5 days ago. This has been an amazing event for my summer nest watch this year. I thank Mary who was having that conversation at the farmers market on May 7th. Who thought she had a pair of peregrins. Of coarse that got my attention and I was invited to go up and ID the birds.And they co-operated gracefully 100%.A beautiful pair of merlins.

No comments:

Post a Comment