Thursday, October 20, 2011

July 20th,2011.

Arrival time today was at 10am.

This morning I had to take a baby raccoon to a wildlife rehaber I know for care. It had been orphaned and was forced into our back pond by a large adult male last night. Thankfully we heard her loud cries. We had tried to get her earlier with no luck but oh so close. After fishing her out of the pond. She spent the night snuggled into a cage surrounded by water bottles and blankets in our bathtub. She will be fine. So my merlins came a little later than I had planned. But thats okay under the circumstances.
2 babes were out of the nest and on nearby branches to the nest. One is a male and one a female. I am sure all 4 are out of the nest. I hear a call coming from farther away. Apparently 2 fledged after I left yesterday. They were feeding heavily from 3 to 6 last night.And a parent actually brought in a mouse last night. I have only seen them bring in birds to this point myself. So that was interesting to hear. The change in their plumage from yesterday to today is amazing. Very little white fluff left now. They are beautiful.

10:46

Very quiet. No adults yet. People across the street have not seen them feeding today yet but she has only been out for an hour.

11:43
Have to go for today. Very quiet. No feeding yet. But they may have been fed a lot earlier on before I got here. Have located 3 young and the 4th is in the tree next to the nest tree towards the lake sitting. All is quiet and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment